Every Sunday, I spend some time watching football. I also can’t focus, don’t like spending too much time in one place, and don’t like football that much.
Here are the thoughts I collected:
– On Sunday, Brandi and I met up with my friend Andy for the cliché of all clichés, the Brooklyn Bottomless Brunch. I packed my ridiculous beard, hopped into a pair of joggers, and sashayed my way into yuppiehood. The place was called Piquant and we love it.
– I asked my friend Andy, “what time do the Jets lose today?” He replied, “tomorrow.” I realized that the only way I could be less engaged in this season of football is if it was based in Space or starred Scarlett Johansson (I really hate those two things. Although, that’s not really fair, I don’t actually hate Scarlett Johansson, it’s not as if I know her to be a bad human being or she negatively impacts my life in any way, I just find some of her performances to be a little wooden and detached, also, I didn’t care for her portrayal of an Italian woman in Don Jon, but I realize how overly sensitive that is and how if I’m actually offended there’s a good chance that it has more to do with my own small mindedness and insecurity than her worth as an actress or person, and I did still like Avengers and Captain America: Winter Soldier, so who am I really mad at. With all that said I really do HATE SPACE. PLEASE STOPE MAKING MOVIES ABOUT SPACE.
– After about 3 sangrias we started doing some would you rathers. Andy chose to watch 24 hours of NFL Sunday Countdown with 5-minute breaks at the top of every hour over holocaust footage with the same parameters. I disagreed with this choice.
– He also chose to watch the entire season of Gotham and a season of Doctor Who of his choosing in one week over the corresponding amount of NFL Sunday Countdown. I agreed with this choice although I would rather lightly burn like my leg or something than do either.
– We went to the new Brooklyn Flea in Prospect Heights (sometimes called Crown Heights depending on who you’re talking to). This is the new Williamsburg.
– Prospect Heights (remember that thing I said about Crown Heights, use that here too) has become a Kanye West Concert.
– Kanye West Con·cert
/‘känyā west ‘känˌsərt/
a place or activity that Jay enjoys, but is filled with people that bother him because they reflect a part of Jay that fills him with shame and also makes him feel inferior, usually trendy or hip
“the 90’s party at the German Beer Hall in Brooklyn was a total Kanye West Concert”
synonyms: 90’s Party, Karaoke Night, Brooklyn Nets Game, Hipster Coffee Joint in Bed Stuy, Open Mic Night, Tour in a Foreign Country
– I saw a pair of gloves at the Flea Market that I really wanted because they were like lobster gloves and would be perfect for riding my bike in the winter. After further investigation, I learned that they were actually vintage French Army gloves which means the design was made to enable someone to ådangerous leap from yuppie to hipster.
– We headed to Sunday staple, Greenwood. There were two football games on and the bartender said that he couldn’t turn any of the TV’s to the Nets’ game until one of the football games ended. I enjoy this blog, but this sport has to end. It’s basketball’s time now.
– Did you know Skeletor’s hocking Hondas now? Booooooooo
– I wish we as a people could stop supporting the Rolling Stones.
– Football’s over! Let’s go Nets! Let’s go Nets!
– Joakim Noah is my favorite not New York athlete since Albert Belle (this is not sarcastic, I love them both)
– Well the Nets lost, the Jets didn’t play, I’ve given up on Homeland, and I have to wait until tomorrow to watch The Newsroom so I guess I’m ready for the long, awesome weekend to be over.